On Tuesday 17 June 2003 10:26 am, Sadanapalli, Pradeep Kumar (MED, TCS) wrote:
> 2. Is there any way I can change the side image on the menu? Where is it
> located? It says "KDE 3.1"
> and I want to put my own text there.
>
> 3. On the panel, I would like to change the 'K' icon to "Start" just
> like in windows, and to make
> it little wider. In linux, it has the same width just like other
> shortcuts on the panel. Is it
> possible to increase it's width? I tried to change the width of the
> kmenu icon. editing it through GIMP, but
> the change in width is not getting effected.

Take a look at different themes and read up on the KDE themes.  They are
documented somewhere (I never played with it, though).  You should be able to
change just about everything you want except for icon sizes.  The icon sizes
are hard coded into KDE with various sizes (16x16,32x32,64x64,etc). You could
edit the source if you wanted, but my guess is thats more work than its
worth.

Jay

--
Jay Kline