I own a constrution Co. here in Mpls, Mn and We have been using MS for 13 Yrs now and every Year are computers crash 1 or 2 times THATS IT .. I went out and start looking for a new OS 6 Mo. ago and came up with linux just maybe what I need.. Free Yaaa Right and it is but I see it this way, everyone wants things for Free and not have to pay for it. ..You all out there thinking this way, Y dont you go to work to morrow and tell them I dont want to be payed any more.. How long can you do that for? Well with that said, If we do not start supporting Linux better it will never ever overcome MS. IT WILL BE GONE IN TIME!!! Thats all on that NEXT!!!

I have tryed Mandrake 9.0 and 9.1 I was'nt able to get it to run on my systems here(Intel P4 3.06/533) so then I went to Best Buy and Got RedHat 8.0 out of the box it ran I played with it but really didnt like it Back to Best Buy and got SuSE8.1 Pro.. Out of the box it blows RedHat out of the water with option.. But the font suck...I used it for 2 Mo. Then SuSE8.2 came out I got it, Its even much Better then 8.1 but them fonts Sucked so I call SuSE, I had it..MS was starting to look better...SuSE tells me we dont support Nvidia you need to call Nvidia or get a new Video card I said For get it, I would have to buy 15 cards for all are computers...But damm I want this to work!!! Then on Distrowatch one day I see Libranet2.8 and I just watch to see what people are saying about it ..WOW it supports NVidia out of the Box...Ok I will Buy this one and if it doesnt work I will stay with MS!!! But I now can say we are changing all computers over to Libranet2.8 by the first of June ... We found a linux programer here in the Citys to build us a new database, for are old system was running on Access and Filemaker Pro.. Even with a new database and setting up are server this move is running the Co. about $11,000.00 now lets see here I call are MS Rep he came out and look at every thing then got back to me after a few days telling me this will cost you $24,500... You do the math COME ON HOME LIBRANET2.8 ....GREAT JOB BOYS....O two other thing the fonts are great !!!! and it is so easy to istall new one's of your choice. And it put a total end to all my Dep. Hell problems rock on APT!! This distro has so many option and even a newbie shouldnt have any problems installing this..

Now the things I see that linux needs to Inprove on are as follows

- Need a big change on there database needs to be more GUI like.. ( Access or Filemaker Pro.)You should'nt have to be a programer to make a database...

- Needs better Burnning tools make it run like ROXIO (drag and burn) and system back for CD/RW like Iomega's

- Easyer networking tools for really dummies like me!

- more user friendly

6/9/03  WE are now 100% ms free!!!!