On 2003-06-09 14:43:49 -0500 Gerald Skerbitz <gsker at tcfreenet.org>
wrote:

> Does it work for you just like that, Ben?

Oh shit I so lied to you :-)

I had all that stuff in my .xinitrc / .xsession. Make certain that
your ~/.xsession  (or .xinitrc as it were) are being run at login
time. Seems to me that redhat's default gnome-session will do this for
you by default if you have a default ssh key in your .ssh dir.

This should be pretty simple not sure what we're missing. Check your
XFree86.log (or whateveryourdistro calls it)

ssh-add < /dev/null should start up the default x11-ssh-askpass (or
x11-ssh-askpass-gnome)