On Sat, Jun 07, 2003 at 04:44:08PM -0500, Shawn wrote:
>   I'm a dope....  I tried to mount Slack disk 4 in the cdrom and it gave me the same error.  I switched the device to /dev/sr0 and was able to mount it.  Must have been getting my machines mixed up.  Haven't touched that server in almost two months....  Thanks for the help Florin and Nate.  Owe you two a beer whenever I can get to a Beer Meeting.  Fridays suck for me for having the beer meeting.  My wife works and I get to babysit. =(

You're most welcome.

>   Quick question on cdrecord, I mounted the first one I created in a Winders box, and it showed up with funky titles such as "07___ENT.MP3" I'm assuming that's because I didn't use the -J switch for Joliet?  The one I created in xcdroast mounted fine and proper in regards to label on the Winders machine.

Here is my mkiso script:
   mkisofs -l -o $2.iso -r -T -v -P $USER -p $USER -J -hide-rr-moved -hide-joliet-trans-tbl -V $3 $1

And I am using it like

   ~/bin/myiso <dir-with-files> <iso-file-name> <volume label>

>   Finally, is there a better way to create CD's all in one line by piping mkisofs to cdrecord?  An example would be very beneficial.

Only if your machine is fast enough. I don't bother.

BTW: for a while, until you get confidence in your burner, I do
suggest creating MD5SUMs of files you burn and verify them on another
cd reader. I do that with the most important files and with the
backups, of course.

Cheers,
florin

--

"NT is to UNIX what a doughnut is to a particle accelerator."