I've seen information on this somewhere before, but I can't remember
where, or what the solution was, unfortunately. I do know software RAID
is not bootable, but that's not your issue. You may (if your SCSI card
is similar to mine, a Compaq Smart 2SL) need to use /dev/ida/discx/party
instead of c0d0. I wrestled with this for awhile myself until I got
that. But I don't boot off my SCSI stuff.

John