Ive never tried that before, but I have had problems with grub on raid
devices.  The problem is grub needs to have access to the filesystem
itself. Since you have a raid setup, grub wont be able to read the
filesystem (needs drivers and/or configuration for it) and thus wont be
able to load. My guess is you are out of luck in this, and you may have
better luck getting another parition not in a raid, or worse case, use a
floppy/cdrom/network boot method.

Jay