-----Original Message-----
From: tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org
[mailto:tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org] On Behalf Of PHPTOm
Sent: Saturday, July 26, 2003 10:27 PM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: RE: [TCLUG] Windows server: trying to assign static IP to linux
box

>I have internet connection sharing enabled.  The linux box is on the
>internet.   That is working.  I will look into enabling advanced
routing.
>When I assign one of the 5 IP addresses to the linux box, it loses its
internet connection.

>Thanks for the info.

Almost seems dangerous asking a windows question on this list.  What
you'll want to do isn't setup internet connection shareing. you need a
network bridge, unless I'm mistaken as to what your trying to do, after
you bridge the 2 connections (your IntelDSLpro 2200, and what ever you
have hooked up to your linux box) windows will act like it is only one
connection (calling it a bridge) and from there your linux box should be
open to the web.

---