On Friday 25 July 2003 12:08 am, Peter Clark wrote:
> remember one clever program that counted the number and timing of rings.
> E.g., if you called your number, let it ring twice, hang up, and then call
> within a minute or so and let it ring once before hanging up, it would then
> set pppd in motion. I fotgot this program's name, but it's probably no
> longer supported (it was fairly long in the tooth two years ago).
	Just remembered the name: xringd. Something like this has an advantage over
mgetty in situations where there's no modem to dial in from, or where
creating new access numbers (for instance, in Windows dial-up networking) is
restricted.
	Any other such programs, or is that about the range of options?
	:Peter
--
Oh what a tangled web they weave who try a new word to conceive!