From: Shawn [mailto:sfertch at real-time.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2003 2:57 PM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: Re: [TCLUG] Alternate Network configuretion

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 07:07:28 -0500
johnnyfulcrum <johnnyfulcrum at mn.rr.com> wrote:

> I had a linksys - but it busted before it was a year old - and the
> support was so bad I gave up trying to get it fixed yunder the
> warranty.

Yeah, I'm beginning to question Linksys..  I have an 8 port switch that
I bought about 3 months ago.  It's now starting to flake out on me...
Every couple of days it goes bad and I lose network connectivity.  Have
to power it off for a couple of minutes, then stop and restart network
services.

I've been looking at getting a firewall device instead of using a
machine...  suggestions besides the one jf mentioned?

--
Shawn

  The difficult we do today; the impossible take a little longer.

  Ne Obliviscaris --  "Forget Not"