I once hooked a machine up to my TV using a scan converter.  It was an AMD
400 with 128 MB and a VooDoo 3 card.  I didn't use a TV tuner card - I just
played movie files with Xine.  I used blackbox with Mandrake 8.0.  The
machine was too slow to even play back movies very well.

If you're looking to use PVR software, I'm skeptical if a 200 MHz would have
enough horsepower.  MythTV.org recommends at least a 500 MHz machine for
watching "live" TV with Tivo-type features.

http://mythtv.org/modules.php?name=MythInfo

I'm not even sure if a video card exists that will decode divx video, etc.  I
would, however, like to become aware of such a device should one exist.

Mark Courtney

http://www.MarkCourtney.com

     __
   +|oo|+