On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 10:00:06PM -0500, Chad Walstrom wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 09:11:49PM -0500, Munir Nassar wrote:
> > why not use bittorrent next time?
>
> That reminds me.  It sounds like there is development in progress to
> provide apt-get with a bittorrent module[1].  That should take a bit of
> load off the ftp and http mirrors.
>
> References
> ==========
> 1. http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2003/debian-devel-200307/msg00473.html
>
> --
> Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/
>            assert(expired(knowledge)); /* core dump */

It is worthwhile to note that we were very non-plussed about some of
the stuff when they were talking about this with the bittorrent dev
team.  The resultant "bittorrent extention" most likely won't actually
be compatible with the current bittorrent protocol, and therefore
shouldn't really be called bittorrent.   At least bram doesn't think
so.   It is an idea that I heartily support, however.

Then again, it seems very likely that we will have (real) bittorrent
mirrors for the next ISO release from day 1, which will help
immensely.

--
Michael Janssen --- Jamuraa --- jamuraa at base0.net --- jamuraa at debian.org