On Fri, 2003-07-11 at 13:29, Karl Bongers wrote:
> I compiled
> your LiS-2.16 fine on my RH7.3 system with the 2.4.18-3
> kernel and gcc-2.96-110.  I'll try changing to your version
> of kernel tonight and see what happens.  It looks like your
> gcc is not happy with one of the headers in your kernel source.

Thanks once again for your help with the Karl, and everyone else.
Getting Streams Built is only the first step of my journey. After some
digging around I've found that this isn't going to work even if I do get
streams built.

I'm trying to install and run bayonne for a IVR notification system
project. http://www.gnu.org/software/bayonne/bayonne.html
To do this I need drivers for my dialogic telephony hardware (D/4 pci)
which requires LiS streams. Apparently this will only work with some
magic combination specific versions of RedHat release, kernel version,
bayonne version, hardware driver version, and LiS Streams version. The
documentation for the hardware drivers say to use only a specific kernel
version which is no longer available (2.4.7-10). Newer kernels wont
work.

I've posted to the Bayonne-devel list. I'm not going to waste any more
time with this until I hear what combination IS working for people. What
a kludge.

--
Tom Penney <blots at visi.com>