Hi gang,

I need some recomendations.  We are just getting DSL at the office and
we're getting an ADSL line with 1 static IP.  What I'm planning on doing
is setting up a Linux router to use the line and have a web server on
another machine with the Linux router forwarding port 80, and allow SSH
to the router from the internet.  I'll deal with that part later, but
right now I need to know about the ADSL Modem.  Qwest/Visi are providing
the hardware and service, and they sent us an Actiontec R1520SU 4 port
Router.  From my first glance through the manuals it looks like this
thing is it's own router/firewall (to set it up, you go to
http://192.168.0.1 in any browser and enter your WAN IP in the config).
Although the Windows setup allows your to plug in the router to a USB
port and use it like an external modem/firewall.

This makes it sound like it would be set up like this:
LAN(192.168.1.?) --- (192.168.1.1 - eth0) Linux Router (192.168.0.? -
eth1) ---  (192.168.0.1) Actiontec Router (Internet IP) --- Internet

My IDSL at home works just like a hub, so my internet IP is set on the
Ethernet card that goes to the modem:
LAN (192.168.0.?) --- (192.168.0.1 - eth0) Linux Router (Internet IP -
eth1) --- Internet

I looked at Best Buy and CompUSA for ADSL modems that would work like my
IDSL at home, but they all seem to be firewall/routers.  I googled for
the router and Linux and came up with very little, so I'm wondering if
it will work as a modem connected through USB on Linux.  Does anyone
have any experience with this router, or can anyone recommend a
router/modem that would work better?

Thanks all
Chris Frederick