> other apects of yesterdays location were pretty good. The network was
> setup well and provided ample bandwidth.

Woot!  Yes, I noticed a nice 5MBit peak for that VLAN at around 4:30
yesterday afternoon...assumed it was Ben surfing pr0n again.  Actually,
Ben's little NAT device worked out pretty well.

I doubt there is much chance of United Properties increasing the amperage
into the conference rooms.  This is probably the first time they've had an
issue down there, so I imagine it would be difficult to justify the cost.
They may not work well for installfests, but they have worked well for
TCSA meetings :)

The building's power is, in fact, kind of messed up.  They've had to work
some interesting magic with 2 ISP's datacenters plus Wells Fargo's
datacenter spread across 3 non-adjacent floors.

I also want to say that it's unfortunate that the power went when it did,
rather than a little earlier.  The head building engineer is actually
quite competent (and a very good guy), and had he been around I'm sure
things would've gotten fixed sooner.  I don't know who was working on it
last night, but I believe that all 3 of the regular engineers were gone by
then.

Adam Maloney
Systems Administrator
Sihope Communications