What distribution are you running?  So we know what tools etc you have
available.

Check to see if you have the Apache daemon running by:
ps -aux | grep apache
or alternatively
ps -aux | grep httpd
(both of these return the same thing on my Redhat box)

If so...pull up a browser (on that machine or another on the network)
and type in the ip address of your machine like so:
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/

That should get you a page of info about Apache.

If that doesn't work then you may need to open the port on the
firewall.  There might be a graphical tool for doing this installed
depending on your distro and firewall...

Brady