Web servers are actually pretty easy.  In the file:
 /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf  (or wherever the httpd.conf file is located
on your system), you need to activate (remove the pound or semicolon
sign) a couple of lines.

ServerName       hostname.domainname.com:80
DocumentRoot   "/var/www/html"

Now, the first line you replace with either your IP address of your
server followed by the :80 OR use the domain name of your machine and
server; for example:  linux1.dell.com:80

The second line tells the location where you will place your .html
files.  It may already be uncommented.

Finally, you need to start the web server service:
 /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd   start

This will be enough to get your web server working, but to access it by
domain name, you will also need to be running DNS as a service, AND your
registered domain name will need to be pointing to your DNS server to
resolve the address.  This is probably a step beyond where you are now.

Garrett