Yes, I used a color TV as display-weren't any color monitors at that
time :)
I learned Basic on it as well.  I also tried my hand at a little
assembler.  Motorola was nice for this.  They kept the same opcodes
across uP's as much as possible.  They also used memory mapped I/O
which I liked better than the interrupt driven I/O Intel used.
Could use POKE to put hex into memory then GOSUB to run routine.

I never purchased the floppy or hard drive controllers, just used
audio cassette tape to save programs and data.
I think my Rainbow magazines have all been thrown.

<on topic> Wonder if anyone has tried port Linux kernel to the CoCo?
heh!

Bob

Samuel MacDonald wrote:
> It's a CoCo!
>
> I had a CoCo! I learned to code basic on one, I played a game called
> Pyramid on it and another game, the name escapes me now.  Did you use a
> TV as the display?
>
> Sam.

<snipped>