Creative Labs has some very cool "looking" external sound system
whachamacallits.  I've seen M$ based stuff for DJ work. If you call Mars
or some other Music store they could give you names of manufacturers to
look for.
I bet most of the sound mixing done in professional studio's is UNIX
based not M$ based.

Sam