A similar message showed up on a LUG mailing list that I subscribe to in Kentucky.

I don't want to spread FUD, so I will just drop some links I came across.

http://lists.gslug.org/pipermail/gslug-general/2003-November/000086.html

http://www.ssc.com/pipermail/linux-list/2001-September/049805.html
(Shows in browser as "<name deleted>" -search it for "Michael Surkan"  and that message shows up)

Feedback from Surkan's 1998 ZDNet article "I Come Not to Praise Linux..." article...
http://linuxtoday.com/news/1998111802110PS
(links to original article don't show the article, they show a search page for zdnet stuff)

http://www.jukie.net/pipermail/ottawa-wifi/2003-December.txt

http://seclists.org/lists/firewall-wizards/2003/Dec/0083.html
(complete with online survey link!)

I will close this email with a tagline attributed to Michael Surkan's PC Week article noted above,
As long as Linux remains a religion of freeware fanatics,
Microsoft have nothing to worry about.
                       By Michael Surkan, PC Week Online

Brent Friedman