> How is this any different then the build process for 2.0.x-2.4.x kernels?
> I haven't had a need for a 2.6.x kernel yet, but the process sounds
> identical.  Doesn't sound "new and improved" to me.

Some of the more experienced folks can correct me, but they've removed a
few steps.  make now makes the bzImage and the modules, which it didn't
before IIRC.

I played with some of the test kernels, and the compile porcess looks VERY
different.  No more rubbish on the screen, they've cleaned it up so much
that you can now actually figure out what it's compiling at any given
time.  The procedure for compiling plus the pretty new look and feel of
the compile process deserve the "new and imporved" branding IMHO.

-Brian