On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 09:22, Kent Schumacher wrote:
> Just out of curiousity - what schools have MS products?  The Minneapolis
> school my kid goes to uses Macs and Stillwater school district just signed
> up with a huge Apple Mac program.

When I worked for Hopkins (when I was still a student) I setup 2 Compaq
Win98 labs in the tech department.  They have a mix, but are still
mostly Mac.  I think this trend is increasing everywhere (well, at least
at those schools that can afford to spend money on new equipment).

> Incidentally, if anyone is interested in pushing a Linux solution to a
> school district (say for instance K12LTSP), Stillwater is a stirred up
> pot that could congeal in any of a number of several configurations...

That's certainly a good possibility--if they have an old lab they're
replacing...a bunch of old Macs (if they are at least PPC-linux capable)
or PC's, a bunch of us could certainly go over there and setup a trial
terminal server farm for them and see what they think. :)

Ryan