On Dec 18, 2003, at 11:34 AM, Scot Jenkins wrote:

> ah, live a little Sam!  take a crack at it yourself and then you'll
> have
> better questions when the experts are around.  The kernel documentation
> is what got me started way back when.  See /usr/src/linux/README and
> /usr/src/linux/Documentation/*

It's been said before, but it bears repeating. Don't nuke your old
kernel after you build you new one! If your new kernel has problems
you'll be left with a crippled system at best. Whether you use grub or
lilo, make sure you preserve the option of booting your old kernel.
Many people have a number of old kernels lying around in /boot and it's
no problem.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson