No, I think the accountability factor in requiring a log-in/log-out is
GREAT! Kids using computers NEED to be taught proper security
procedures. I was truly amazed at my last job how many people would walk
away from their PCs without locking them. With open screens to the
mainframe TOO! My wife's company has recently enacted a mandatory
"password protected" screen saver, with a timeout of 10 minutes. As most
people know, this is an easy registry change for the desktop admin
group, and I'm sure they keep track of people who change it and if it's
changed too often, it's probably reported to the person's manager.

You must have misunderstood my statement. I was merely suggesting that
at first you would get kids who would not log out properly, and then
others would use their account for making trouble. And I'm sure they
would cry and moan about any disciplinary action.  They would have to be
disciplined the same as those making the actual trouble as their lack of
security led to the problem. They may not like it, but the perhaps they
would learn their lesson after the first disciplinary action.