<.02>
the question shouldn't be: "Did it have a hole?".
it should be: "Was it fixed (properly)? and how quickly?".
</.02>

On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 11:55:15AM -0600, Sk3tch wrote:
> David Phillips writes:
>
> >WU-FTPD and ProFTPD are insecure.  They each had a remote root security hole
> >within the last months.  Don't ever consider using them.
> >
> <snip>
> ---
>
> Using your logic, we all shouldn't use OpenSSH since it has had a remote root exploit in the past...
>
> Use what you like, secure it properly, and keep it updated.
>
> Sk3tch

Aaron Thompson   Unix Systems Administrator, College of Natural Science
University of Northern Iowa                      Cedar Falls, IA  50614

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from
disinclination to do so."  -Douglas Adams