Speaking of "crapware" I went looking for software to convert fractions
to decimals yesterday.
My daughter is starting Algebra this year, I need to correct her answers
not learn algebra from scratch again, the review is great!

I found a good one
       http://archives.math.utk.edu/software/msdos/k-12/fraction/.html
and then
I found and evil POS (Piece Of $h!t) that really had me hot at...
    http://www.icontoday.com/download/ProgramList.cfm?Id=5&CatId=45
       Called "Math Homework Maker" the link went  to this place
    http://math.official.ws/math.exe
It carried a payload of a time sync application that did not ask to be
installed.  Evil twice because when I uninstalled it,  My browser opened
and they asked why I was uninstalling the software.  They now know why
in no uncertain terms ;-D

I then sent an eMail to CERT just for fun, I thought about sending an
eMail to the DHS (Department of Homeland Security) but stopped short of
doing that.  The word "payload" was in the eMail to CERT so I figure
they have it already.

Sam.