I tried this and I'm sorry to say it didn't work, I had hoped it wood.

<me thinking of a solution>
What is the name of the file that functions like (in the windows world)
a system.ini file.

If I change the order placing the PCMCIA before the ETH0 the stuff will
initialize in a better order for me.

</ me installing Red Hat again?>

Sam.