Redhat 8 (and 9)
edit /etc/init.d/pcmcia and /etc/init.d/network and change the chkconfig line.
then
chkconfig --del pcmcia
chkconfig --add pcmcia
chkconfig --del network
chkconfig --add network

The last two numbers in the chkconfig line are startup and shutdown ordering.
On mine (it's a desktop so I don't care about pcmcia) pcmcia is 24 and network
is 10.  I would change it so that pcmcia is 10 and network is 11 and see if
that works. It might not.

Make a backup of your original scripts first!
tar zcvf /tmp/etc.tar.gz /etc

Gerry

--
Gerry Skerbitz