From: Brent Friedman
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Sent: 12/4/2003 12:25 PM
Subject: [TCLUG] Question about Linux and SANs

I was asked to look into feasibility for setting up a Linux (or *bsd)
based SAN. I know there have been some kernel mods for this kind of
stuff, but I don't know their current status, and quick googles show
something called netMD at a conference in ottawa, but no website for it.
I used to work at the Utech Center near campus, and I think the people
at Sistina were doing something like this.

Because of various development environments, I need the SAN to be
reachable from anything (meaning Windoze, AIX, Solaris or other Linux
boxen).  I am not very versant in vfs, lvm, etc., but I have the time to
deal with a manual.

Any comments on what will/won't work, or suggestions on sites/mailing
lists for linux SANs?

Thanks,

Brent Friedman