Is anyone using a usfamily dialup account?

I built a new computer for my mom this year, and loaded SuSE 8.2 on it.
She's semi-tech-savvy and was really interested in it.  So far she's
been doing great.

But, (you knew it was coming) usfamily is not delivering her emails
anymore.  She still has her old 233/win98 machine with Outlook Express,
and that still works.  I initially setup kmail, and it never received
any mail at all.  I tried evolution next, and it worked while I was
there, but only for the emails that I had sent from a ssh connection
from my home.

I tried everything that I thought it could be.  I tried different user
names to log in with (some with the @usfamily.(net|com) and then
without), and all of them worked to log in, but none had mail.  I tried
different combos for SSL, changed the server from .net to .com and back,
no errors, but no emails either.  I set up the Outlook machine to leave
the mail on the server.  Had her email herself some documents from work
(about a meg worth), we checked the account from Outlook and everything
downloaded fine.  I used the putty telnet client to check to see if the
messages were still there, everything looked good.  We booted up the
SuSE machine, logged in, checked for mail, and the messages were gone.

Is SuSE downloading the messages before I get a chance to?  Or did the
usfamily dialup installer set something weird for Outlook that I haven't
been able to find/duplicate with kmail/evolution?

I haven't used SuSE much, as I prefer Mandrake.  I'm debating rebuilding
the machine with Mandrake 9.2 so I can get a more familiar setup.

Anyone has any ideas on what it could be, or anything else to check?

Thanks all,
--
Chris Frederick <cdf123 at cdf123.com>