From: Matthew S. Hallacy [mailto:poptix at techmonkeys.org]
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2003 2:50 PM
To: TCLUG Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCLUG] RE: OT: big dumb cars

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 02:20:52PM -0600, Kent Schumacher wrote:

> Having known somebody who actually did plow *through* a fiberclass car
> and merrily wiped out a family, I can tell you that the fact that he
> didn't sustain injuries didn't really help him much.  He managed to
> survive a couple more months until his birthday and then the pain
> became too much and he ended it.

Perhaps we need better testing before allowing people to drive. I've
seen
plenty of accidents, most are caused by people being idiots talking on
their cell phones, reading a newspaper, applying makeup(!), reaching
into
the back seat to attend to a child.. the list goes on.

> For the first time in decades the survivability of a crash is going
> down, and I think it's pretty safe to say it's because of the
> mismatch in vehicle sizes.

So complain to your neighbors in their SUV's, I actually use my vehicle
for work.

--
Matthew S. Hallacy                            FUBAR, LART, BOFH
Certified