Adam Maloney wrote:

>From: Sam MacDonald <smac at visi.com>
>

>>When you ran smart start did you select the Linux option?
>>What kind of Compaq is it?
>>

>I didn't run it - someone else did.  And I think they selected the "screw
>you hippie" option, because that's the vibe I'm getting.  That's a choice
>right? :)

OH no, if they didn't us the Linux option you will have issues.  The
Linux option tells the hardware to understand Linux OS.  Without Smart
Start the hardware will not work as it should, it will work but...
Ask them what option they used in smart start, if they don't remember
what they did, they did "screw the hippie".

What kind of Compaq server is it?

I have smartstart 5.40 ;o) if your interested and I can show you how to
use it in about 15 minutes.

Sam.