From: Sam MacDonald <smac at visi.com>
> When you ran smart start did you select the Linux option?
> What kind of Compaq is it?

I didn't run it - someone else did.  And I think they selected the "screw
you hippie" option, because that's the vibe I'm getting.  That's a choice
right? :)

From: Troy.A Johnson <troy.johnson at health.state.mn.us>
> About the RPM thing, try to put all the packages
> and dependent packages on the "rpm -e" line
> and see if that works out. The same should work
> for installing mutually dependent packages.

Thanks.  I'll give that a try when the box stops smoking and I pick all
the pieces up from the pavement 5 floors down.

From: Thomas T. Veldhouse <veldy at veldy.net>
> So ... do you use Gentoo ? :)

HERETIC!  Just for that I shall slander you back: Thomas Veldhouse likes
SCO! :)

From: Scot Jenkins <scot+tcluggen at thinkunix.net>
> apparently you've never had the pleasure of patching and HPUX system.  I
> think they invented the circular dependency thing.

No, not HSUX (thank god) - but AIX is annoyingly similar.

Sorry everyone, I'm in one of those moods.

Adam Maloney
Systems Administrator
Sihope Communications