> Message: 7
> Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 20:51:28 -0700
> From: kcbnac at bnac.biz
> Subject: [TCLUG] Potential Server needs help!

> I can't get RH 9 to load...anybody got a clue?  (using CD...I'm
> going to try making a boot floppy)

A lot of us have experience with RH9 and a few (including me) have
experience using IBM hardware. What is the problem?

When I got RH 6.x and 7.2 working on a Netfinity 5000 with an Adaptec
2100S RAID controller, I had to make a driver floppy and press F6 during
the startup of the install program. Perhaps you'd have to do the same
thing.

Here's a link to a reference sheet of all IBM discontinued PC servers:
ftp://ftp.pc.ibm.com/pcicrse/psref/swbook.pdf

You've either got an Adaptec 7880 chipset or an IBM PC ServeRAID adapter.
Both should have RH drivers available. I'm surprised they're not in RH 9
already.

Here's a link to all of Adaptec's Linux drivers:
http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/driversbycat.html?sess=no&language=
English+US&cat=%2fOperating+System%2fLinux

Note that there aren't drivers for RH9. RH9 should have all of them.

You can try IBM's support site for PC ServeRAID drivers. I couldn't find
any for Linux, but you should try:
http://www.ibm.com/support/us/

Chris