> Message: 3
> Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 14:53:32 -0500 (CDT)
> From: "Robert Ebright" <robert at azone.org>
> To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
> Subject: [TCLUG] visiting from Chicago- need Linux cd + cool stuff going on in MN
>
> Hello everybody.
>
> I'm currently in Minneapolis and looking around
> for a copy of linux, the distro isn't important,
> but I want to install it for my girlfriend who
> is working on a organic farm for the summer and
> wants to relearn how to program in her freetime.
> So we were going to work on LAMP projects.
>
> Basically it's an older PC P-133 w/ 64megs and a
> 1.6 gig hard drive, so an older distro or one
> that includes some of the lighter GUIs would be
> ideal.
>
> I just haven't been able to find access to a
> cd-burner and high speed internet, so I thought
> I would appeal to the local linux community and
> see if anybody has an extra copy lying around or
> could burn one, that I could meet up with and
> pick it up wherever. I have a bike and a lot of
> free time but not much money.
>
> Are there any cool computer co-ops in this city,
> and if not, why not ? Or else does anyone know
> of a store that has burnt (not boxed) copies of
> linux for sale, maybe out of the walnut creek
> catalog so they're only 5$.
>
> The cities have been pretty inspirational to me
> thus far with the wide network of worker-coops
> and projects like that but I haven't found very
> many cool tech-orientated places, perhaps there
> just isn't the link between the social-minded
> progressive projects and the free software
> movement that I'm used to being in Chicago...
>
> Also have you heard about the cities plan to
> create free wifi hot spots at all of the
> recreation centers and parks ? I read about it
> in the Pulse last week, that's pretty exciting.
> Is there a community wifi movement going on in
> this city if so I'd love to meet up with some of
> the people involved in it cuz I'm trying to do
> something like that in Chicago but haven't got
> it going yet due to a extreme lack of funds.
>
> Also the idea of creating 802.11b wireless
> freenet nodes is a good way of creating a
> back-up redudnant freenet network that will go
> beyond existing infrastructure and also provide
> a secure way of using the openness of WIFI with
> it's built in encryption of each transactions.
> And thanks to the anonymity of it providing the
> public with internet access to the freenet
> project can't get you in trouble. That was
> atleast my idea for some wifi stuff, of course
> ideally we would just give everybody free
> internet access.
>
> So anybody who has an extra distro of linux that
> they could share I'd appreciate it. You can
> e-mail me or page me at 866-377-9733 and I'll
> get back to you.
>
> Thanks alot, if I'm still in town I'll probably
> try and check out your next meeting on the 28th
> right ?
>
> Chao,
> [...]

I'll let you judge what you're calling 'old', but heres my list:
RH
	5.2
	7.0 (iso)
	7.1
	7.2
	7.3
	8.0
	8.1RC#3 (became 9)
	9

Mandrake
	7.2
	8.1
	8.2
	9.0
	9.1

SuSE
	LiveEval 6.3
	LiveEval 7.0
	LiveEval 8.1
	8.1 Pro

Debian
	3.0 (iso)

Gentoo
	1.2 (iso)

Knoppix
	3.2 (iso)

Slackware
	9.0 (iso)

If any of these are of interest let me know. Or there's spare 'pipe'
sitting here if I can DL something?

--
Wil
Now back to your regularly scheduled procrastination,