On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 01:05:43PM -0500, Rick Meyerhoff wrote:
[ping troubles snipped]
> It's annoying to turn it off because I
> only have one mouse (gave the spares away) and if I move the mouse from
> the Linux box Linux stops recognizing the mouse when I replace it and so
> I have to reboot.

One way around this problem that has worked for me in the past
is to switch from X to a text console (e.g. Ctrl-Alt-F1), then
back into X (Ctrl-Alt-F7).  Much faster than rebooting.

--
trammell at el-swifto.com  9EC7 BC6D E688 A184 9F58  FD4C 2C12 CC14 8ABA 36F5
Twin Cities Linux Users Group (TCLUG)      Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota