Andy Zbikowski (Zibby) wrote:
> Well, I thought my network was pretty safe from Blaster and Welchia.
> Software Update Services is pushing updates to the clients. Firewalls
> blocking the ports used by Blaster and Welchia, servier side and client
> side anti virus software catching Sobig other e-mail stuff. Everything
> having updates pushed to it...all was well in the world.
>
> Except that sales person's laptop that has been out of the office for who
> knows how long. It showed up today and starting Welchia activity. In no
> time at all, it had found the machines that had escaped Software Update
> Services. (Gasp, 3 machines!)

Exactly the same thing happened to me on Tuesday (thankfully, like with
you, only 3 PCs were infected). And I just started this new job on
Monday. What a first week it's been...

But actually, congratulate me! I got a great new job as a sysadmin!

--
Dave Sherman - MCSE, MCSA, CCNA

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
   for you are crunchy, and good with ketchup.