Well, I thought my network was pretty safe from Blaster and Welchia.
Software Update Services is pushing updates to the clients. Firewalls
blocking the ports used by Blaster and Welchia, servier side and client
side anti virus software catching Sobig other e-mail stuff. Everything
having updates pushed to it...all was well in the world.

Except that sales person's laptop that has been out of the office for who
knows how long. It showed up today and starting Welchia activity. In no
time at all, it had found the machines that had escaped Software Update
Services. (Gasp, 3 machines!)

Well, I know I'm doing better than other companies with only 3 infections
that were quickly caught and the the conditions that allowed the infection
corrected, but let that be a warning to others. Firewalling your network
won't save you if you have devices moving between networks. Automatic
updates are only good as long as you don't miss a box. Anti virus is only
good when kept up to date...

I'll take my small victory of only 3 machines vs the "we lost count" that
other companies are dealing with.

Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://www.ringworld.org
 A password is like your underwear; Change it
 frequently, don't share it with others, and
     don't ask to borrow someone else's.