Well, that'll learn ya.  :)

Back in '97 I got rooted.  Someone did bad things to my box, and replaced
the default page on the webserver to a picture of Samuel L Jackson from Pulp
Fiction saying his "... and I will strike down upon thee with great
vengeance and fuuuuurious anger.."

Anyway, ever since then, I'm a security nazi.  Everyone needs to be rooted
at least once.  :)