On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 03:52:49PM -0500, Johnny Fulcrum wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 15:38:53 -0500, <nate at refried.org> wrote:
> >On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 11:32:52AM -0500, Johnny Fulcrum wrote:
> >>ps -ef |grep -v grep|grep sshd
> >
> >The only reason you would suggest an ugly hack like that is because you
> >didn't check the man page for the proper switch to ps.  It's right
> >there on line 50.
>
> Well no that's not the only reason.  Coming from a Solaris background,
> that option is not supported - nor have I had a chance to read all the

Ah, but what a chance to learn things.  No, Solaris doesn't have the -C
option.  But it does have this nifty pgrep command.  You could do
something like this:

nstraz at hot ~% pgrep in.rlogind | xargs ps -fp
     UID   PID  PPID  C    STIME TTY      TIME CMD
    root   533   196  0 15:54:58 ?        0:00 in.rlogind

Linux also has this command.  This will make process management scripts
much easier.  :)

Nate