On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 15:38:53 -0500, <nate at refried.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 11:32:52AM -0500, Johnny Fulcrum wrote:
>> On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 10:30:37 -0500, The Wandering Dru
>> <dru at druswanderings.net> wrote:

>> >The pipe "|" goes _before_ the grep command.  What this does is send
>> the >output of the ps command to grep to use as input.  Aahhhh, the
>> beauty of >*nix.
>>
>> I should have said do a
>>
>> ps -ef |grep -v grep|grep sshd
>
> The only reason you would suggest an ugly hack like that is because you
> didn't check the man page for the proper switch to ps.  It's right
> there on line 50.

Well no that's not the only reason.  Coming from a Solaris background,
that option is not supported - nor have I had a chance to read all the
man pages just to see if my ugly frickin hacks have been solved by way
of new switches in the linux er, shall I say GNU, equivs of UNIX commands.

In the future I will try to keep my ugly UNIX hacks off this beauty of a
Linux group.

My apologies.

Uglyhack Fulcrum.....