On Sat, Aug 16, 2003 at 10:17:58PM -0500, Ryan Hayle wrote:

> I can't help offer some more rookie advise, since I've been so entirely
> annoyed by this on other mailing lists lately.  If you aren't replying
> to a message, DON'T USE REPLY!  It generates an In-reply-to header which
> mail clients use to thread discussions, and makes things very confusing
> and annoying.
>
> Just copy and paste the address into a new message people--it's not that
> hard.

It's always the mickeysoft OE users, I have the following
images available for any LART'ing you may send their way:

http://www.poptix.net/thread-hijack1.png
http://www.poptix.net/thread-hijack2.png

Although, with MS announcing pretty much an EOL (no further
development) on outlook express, i doubt it will ever
have any threading capabilities. This means that we'll
continue to go through this, forever.

(Unless of course, I can convince Bob to run a special procmail
recipie for dropping thread hijacks =)