On Fri, 2003-08-15 at 10:14, Clay Fandre wrote:
> Just because we decided against becoming a NPO in the past doesn't
> mean we can't investigate it again. If someone is willing to put the
> time and effort in, and you get the buy-in of the group, I'm all for
> it. But the LUG as a whole needs to decide, not just one person.

Becoming an NPO is a big pain in the, um, brain. It's not worth the
trouble unless you are a big organization, even then I'd argue it's not
worth the trouble. So what would be the benefit of being an NPO anyway?
It sounds cool? we don't have to pay income tax on $7.61? I think we
have legitimate expenses to offset all the money we are raking in at the
store. Just my 2 cents.

> Once the cost of the premium site is covered I can do a
> couple of things.  I can reduce the cost of the items to their base
> price for the remainder of the year, allowing items to be bought "at
> cost".

I vote to keep the price the same. There are many things we could with
the extra money, if there is any. Pizza, switches, anything.

> Ash Gry T-shirt		1		1.01

Ha, I have the only only Ash gray t-shirt in existence. I'll have to
show up at a meeting some time with it.

--
Tom Penney <blots at visi.com>