You know.  I forgot completely that we had aready beaten this horse.
Sorry for dragging it back into the forefront.  I would agree with Clay,
it's not a horrible idea.  The additional responsibility placed upon the
Treasurer to keep the "books" up to date should be weighed against the
benefits of an NPO.  I don't recall what the groups decision was other
than to let the topic die; in which case, I'd be inclined to agree.  I
can't volunteer my services to the Treasurer position, because I know
nothing about accounting and taxes.  In which case, I can't railroad
someone into the position.

Again, sorry for digging up this topic again.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/