What about doing one in EE/CS at the U of M? If it's into September,
you've got the freshman crowd and all the other students coming back to
come feed the penguin.

just an idea. (This was my first attended installfest, four years ago
now. I think the ACM ran it then. Not sure.)

John

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 12:57:31AM -0500, K B wrote:
> I know at the July installfest I heard ideas for another one in September, at a Toro place.  What's the status on that?
>
> Say, we're gonna need network backbone stuff, right? *Jumps up and down, raising hands, shouting* I've got the stuff!
>
> I have, currently, in my possession:
>
> 9 Bay Networks Chassis 5000 (6 new, 3 used)
> They are loaded...gigabit fiber and ethernet, 10 and 10/100...total, like 500+ 10/100 ports.  They are for sale, if anybody's interested, contact me outside the mailing list.
>
> I'm looking to sell them, so I make no guarantees I'll have them come installfest time, but I will probably be picking up more.  Also, if anybody's looking for any type of networking hardware, let me know.  I have a source for much used hardware, both in computers and networking.  Printers too.
>
> Keith Bachman

|o John Hoffoss                              Page 1/1 o|
|o System Support Analyst, University of Minnesota -  o|
|o Facilities Management - Information Services       o|
|o [work] hoffossj at facm.umn.edu [work]   612.626.7628 o|
|o [personal] hoff0438 at umn.edu  [mobile] 612.867.1432 o|
|o [personal] john at hoffoss.com  [inet] http://minn.tc o|
|o                                                    o|
|o Hands-free mobile phones: blurring the line        o|
|o between technology and schizophrenia  _   _   _   _o|