This may be a bug, but I have a problem with my mouse pointer
`disappearing' whevever the screen refreshes.

Just in case someone has an idea or a solution, here's what I have:
AthlonXP 2200+ on an ASUS A7N266 mobo, 512MB RAM, old Sony monitor
(es100, I think), integrated nvidia GeForce2, IBM PS/2 Optical
wheelmouse (same behavior found with a generic two-button and with a MS
Intellimouse).

   Environment is: RH9, Ximian Desktop 2. (Same behavior with the
default Gnome desktop).
   Here's the behavior: If I use an image for the background, the mouse
disappears right after logging in, or whenever I change the background.
This is helped slightly if I choose the `tile' option; then the mouse
pointer disappears less frequently, but it still does so (for example,
running Mozilla full-screen, close it, pointer disappears).  I also will
get a half-disappeared pointer while browsing, when clicking on a link;
it's as though the link is being redrawn over-top of the pointer image,
and the pointer is not redrawn afterward.

   To make the pointer reappear, I usually have to somehow open some
type of dialog box or application, and wave the pointer until it passes
over the edge of the window or a button or some other widget; I'm
guessing that when the mouse does this, something explicitly tells Gnome
or Nautilus (or whatever is redrawing the screen-image) to refresh the
pointer.

   Like I said, this may be more of an actual bug in gnome or nautilus,
though I have never experienced it when installing on my old PC.  It's
definitely annoying.  I'll probably talk to some people in #bugs or
#gnome on irc.gnome.org, and if they help me solve it, I'll certainly
post it here.

Any help is appreciated; Thanks,
Phil