| Cups has lpd services availible, and
| there are drivers out there to allow windows to print to such printers (I
| think the newer versions of windows even have it included- never tried,
| though).

All you need is a general HP or Adobe PS driver to get a LPD printer to
work on windows. If you want to use the advanced features of your printer,
you'll need the PostScript Printer Definition (PPD) file, but all Post
Script printers use the same PS driver. If you're printer doesn't talk PS,
Install GhostScript and set up the needed filters. If you're using CUPS,
you don't even have to deal with filters. Just follow the CUPS setup
wizzard though the web interface and CUPS will handle all the ghostscript
filters for you. It beats the hell out of LPR or LPRNG, so if you have no
clue about Linux printing...just use CUPS. If you do know Linux
printing...just use CUPS. ;)

For Windows NT, 2000, and XP, bring up the add printer wizzard, set up a
new Local Printer (NOT a network printer) when asked for a port, you want
to create a new port. You'll then be able to select a type, you want
Standard TCP/IP Port. Then you'll be prompted for hostname or ip address,
etc.

I'm going to go hide now before I'm shunned from TCLUG for my excessive
Windows knowledge. ;)

Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://www.ringworld.org
 A password is like your underwear; Change it
 frequently, don't share it with others, and
     don't ask to borrow someone else's.