On August 7, 12:04 pm rpgoldman at real-time.com wrote:
> I don't mean to hijack this thread, but it led me to a question I've
> often had --- is there an easy way to just share a printer with some
> windows stuff (like a laptop), without an endless nightmare of samba
> configuration?  Last time I looked, it looked like an enormous
> chore...

First off, I dont think samba configuration is too bad. Most distro's
default samba config should allow you to share the printer pretty easily.
But if you dont, then you may want to loop into setting up LPD services
(the original line printing deamon). Cups has lpd services availible, and
there are drivers out there to allow windows to print to such printers (I
think the newer versions of windows even have it included- never tried,
though).

Jay