I apologize in advance for the semi-hijack here, but the question is
very close to one I have...
I'm looking for someplace to co-lo my server that's cheap, friendly to
linux, and...well...cheap (no matter if it happens to use a little more
bandwidth than expected, or if i need to physically touch the thing a
few times in a month, or for several hours at a time)
I suppose web hosting would be an option, but are there places out there
that would let me run PHP, MySQL, and a Web Forum software and have the
ability to import data from an existing server, and possibly use a LOT
of disk space?

If anyone cares, or if this is helpful in figuring out what I'm looking
for:
I'm a member of a car club and we have a website with an online forum.
It's currently being run from a server that's connected to a member's
DSL line and it seemed to be working out just fine until the motherboard
puked on us and we had 48 hours of down time.  We just replaced he
hardware with a new motherboard, processor, RAM, and power supply for
good measure.  Now members are saying we need to find a place to host or
co-lo and I've been put with the task of figuring out if there are
reasonable options for that.
Oh yeah...a place that's willing to deal with a tower rather than a
rack-mount server for a period of time would also be a plus.  (like i
said...cheap is good.  we're on a budget and I don't think a rack case
is in it right now)

--
Justin Kremer <kremer at ringworld.org>

"One likes to believe in the freedom of music,
But glittering prizes and endless compromises
Shatter the illusion of integrity."
- Rush "The Spirit of Radio" (1980)