> From: Shawn <sfertch at real-time.com>
>
>   Generally, we follow something along the lines of:
>
> Development servers:  Roman/Greek Gods/Heroes/Monsters
> Production:   Function names (ie:  www, smtp, etc...)
> NT domain controllers:    location is used (ie:  mndc01)
>
> Other conventions used in house are:
>
> Popeye characters
> Simpsons character
> Looney Toons characters
> Types of Peppers (ie:  chili, jabanero, etc)
> British fictional characters (ie:  Holmes, Frodo, Morgana, Merlin, etc)
> Various other names

OK -- admittedly, this is the single most useless non-trolling thread I've
seen for a while, but it's fun, so here's my 2 cents:

How about a little meta naming?  So, the list of server names would be
categories of server names:

characters.rephil.org
animals.rephil.org
foods.rephil.org
presidents.rephil.org

Or in the true spirit of unix, i.e., cryptic and unnecessarily abrev'd, just
letters of the alphabet. (Doh!)

a.rephil.org
b.rephil.org

Cheers,

(Damn this virtual water cooler -- I have work to do, so of course it sucked
me in!) :-)

 --
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." -- Anonymous