I have them as well and like it.  Can I put a my own router in front of my
pc.  "Sure, just use DHCP"

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Hicks
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Sent: 4/21/03 7:36 PM
Subject: Re: [TCLUG] My worst fears, no DSL at new house

On Mon, 2003-04-21 at 13:47, Thomas Eibner wrote:
> Be happy if they will even let you register if you don't have a flavor
of
> windows with a cdrom drive. I moved the comcast cable internet
connection
> I had at my appartment to the new house and I needed to reprovision
the
> modem/nic combo with a windowscd that came, the guy close to refused
helping
> me with it since my pc didn't have a cdrom-drive and was all bitchy
about
> having to do it manually and going on on his bitch-pitch about how I
really
> shouldn't have been able to have them install cable modem at my new
location
> since I didn't have a cdrom drive!

Heh.  As evil as I wish Time Warner was, they continue to surprise me.
When I called and asked for cable modem service earlier this month, they
asked what operating system I used.  I said Linux, and the guy on the
line asked if I wanted to do a self-install.  They just couriered the
parts to me (cable modem, ethernet cable, some coax cables and a
splitter) and I had it up and running in 10 minutes.

Of course, as far as I can tell, you can't see their Terms of Service
agreements until you have service installed, but maybe it's just buried
on the website somewhere.

--
 _  _  _  _ _  ___    _ _  _  ___ _ _  __   Don't count your Electoral
/ \/ \(_)| ' // ._\  / - \(_)/ ./| ' /(__   Votes before they're cast.